Sunday 7 March 2010

Useless, useless laptop.

My laptop, as the title implies, is useless. I love it to pieces. I love the privacy, I love the mobility, I love the keys (so small, unlike those annoying huge keys on the keyboards at school).

We bought the laptop on the 2nd January, 2008 when my grandad had a [mild] heart attack, to keep him occupied in hospital and when he came home (had to stay in bed for a week or so xD). Because he's one of those people who complains a lot xD He said he was bored in hospital, so we got him a laptop xD

It just has a few flaws.

1. It only has a 1GB memory, so I have to save everything to USBs because if the laptop memory gets 50% full, it works at a snails place.

2. It's two years old, meaning not only is it seriously outdated, but it's lifespan is also wearing thin.

3. In connection to #2, it has had problems with it for the last 6 months, ish. Including:
---broken charging wire thingy (I burnt myself when it sparked on my finger *pouts*);
---the charging hole thingy must have grown bigger, as the lead keeps falling out;
---virus after virus after virus, despite the tons of security programs we've set up;
---the CD slot thingy doesn't recognise CDs when you put it in. It's broken O_O;
---the fan broke recently - it was away for five weeks in repair, they put a new fan in, and IT'S REALLY LOUD.

The reason for this post, is because my laptop got a virus on Friday. Thankfully, my amazing next door neighbour managed to get rid of it, and - at the same time - installed an amazing protection system (McAfee) AND downloaded Mozilla Firefox for me (which I've been meaning to do for ages). Thank you, Pete!

But he said we need a new one anyway because, once the fan has broken down, the entire mother board will slowly break until it's unrepairable. So we're looking for a new, decent one.

Useless, useless laptop. Roar.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch, poor you! Laptops are awesome, but they suck when they break :/
    I hope you manage to find a good one at some point :)
    -Lizzie, aka loupylou.powell

    ReplyDelete