Wednesday 8 September 2010

Day Two!

First period, I had PE, and I was worried 'cos I left my note at home and I don't have the school jogging bottoms, but we didn't actually DO PE today. We just got sorted into our groups and got our levels from last year and stuff. Afterwards, I was talking about it with one of my friends, Owen, and he was saying how he has basketball next term. I have netball next term. I think that's COMPLETELY sexist. I love basketball, but I hate netball. Basketball is the only sport I like, and it's not on the girl's PE curriculum. Hmph.

Second period, I had French in a class of thirteen. Yes. Thirteen. Most classes are around thirty, but a lot of my classes seem to be especially tiny this year. My French is the smallest so far. I sit between Owen and this guy named Elijah, and then Kelly sits the other side of him. So I kinda like my place there. The only downside is that Owen is right-handed and sits to my left, while I'm left-handed. So our elbows are constantly bumping as we write. So we're probably going to rip each other's throats out by the time Miss gives us new places.

Third period, English. Until the lesson actually started, I thought I was alone in this class. As in, no friends. It didn't bother me much because English is the one class where I don't mind being by myself. For at least five minutes, I was standing outside the classroom completely by myself. My friends down the hall were mocking me. But then people started showing up, and there are couple of girls in my class who (a) don't try and (b) can't be smart enough for top set. Which is what my class is. I'm in top set, with a couple of the dumbest girls in my year. I mean, MOST of the people in the class are smart. But I want to know how those girls got into my English class. ANYWAY, in the end, Sam and Mitch are in the class, so I do have friends with me. The teacher is pretty awesome, but we only have him once a week, and we have a different teacher for the other two lessons this week.

Fourth period, Geography. Somehow, I scraped Top Set for this lesson. Seriously, though, I am so bad at Geography that I should be in Set Five ... the special needs class. I am so terrible. Later on, in History, we had a Geography-like task to do (about WWI), and I managed to label, like, six countries on a map of Europe. I SUCK. But I got in Top Set, so ... yeah. We're studying America.

Fifth period, History. I love my table. A girl with frizzy hair called Hannah sits opposite me, and we get along pretty well. Next to her is Sam, my wonderful, ginger friend since forever. And next to ME is Kelky. His name is Sam, too, so to save confusion, I call him Kelky. It's from his last name. I'm not going to tell you what his last name is, but I call him Kelky because of his last name. Similarly, there's another Sam in most of our classes, and I call Pudde (pronounced Pudd-ee, spelt Pudde because of his last name). Again, it's from his last name, but it's not his last name exactly. ANYWAY. The teacher went through the curriculum this year with us, and it sounds like it's gonna be pretty boring. But I have an interesting table.

We worked it out and I'm with Jess in five classes. Six including tutor/assembly on a Monday. Kelly and I are in eighteen together. And they're the only specific numbers I know.

So far, I'm Set One in every lesson except Maths and PE. For Maths, my teacher last year said I could move up to Top Set if I wanted to, but I chose to stay in Set Two because that's where I'm comfortable. And I suck at PE, so I'm in Girls Class B.

I'm going to go and sleep now. Bai.

No comments:

Post a Comment