Monday 20 September 2010

Steph Here With An Update

After a nudge from my friend, Megha, I decided to blog again. I was going to blog every day on the first week, but (a)I was too exhausted, and (b)nothing particularly interesting happened. I'm in Set One for all of my lessons except Maths (Set Two, by choice) and Music (Set Three, because I suck), and the lessons are all pretty damn easy. However, I've received twenty-three pieces of homework so far, and that's the draining part. Not because it's hard, but because it's cutting into my free time and I don't want to do it.

My timetable is this:

Monday: Tutor/Assembly. Maths. Break. Science. RS. Lunch. Drama.
Tuesday: French. PE. Break. English. Geography. Lunch. History.
Wednesday: PE. Art. Break. English. Maths. Lunch. Science.
Thursday: Maths. French. Break. English. Science. Lunch. Tech.
Friday: History. Music. Break. ICT. Tech. Lunch. Geography.

The underlined classes are those I share with my best friend, Jess. It's not fair.

And this is more for me, than for you, because I doubt you care. This is a "see if I can get it to actually stay in my brain this time." Because in June last year, I was STILL asking my friends what lesson we had next XD

Today has been a mixture of boring, bad, and absolutely amazing. In that order. It's been really dull.

After assembly (which was on cyber-bullying, a subject that really bugs me), we went to the fire alarm meeting point, where we go and line up in register order in our forms whenever a fire alarm rings. Cora, a girl in my form who is before me in the register, stood on my toe. Then Rosie hugged me because she thought it was her fault, and then Cora hugged me, too. Lots of hugs to around.

In tutor (which is an hour with our form and form teacher, where we usually have discussions and learn about things that affect us and stuff, like smoking, drinking, litter, ASBOs, etc.), I'm in a group with Jess and Owen for a project we have to do, and our group name is Nameless. I came up with it. Aren't I just so witty? No. Anyway, our subject, which I also came up with, is prejudice & judgement / bullying. This is mainly because I hate it when they all judge me and laugh at me when I show the nerdier side of myself. I'm secretly snapping back. Yeah.

Before Maths, we had SCHOOL PICTURES. Dundundun. We had no warning for this, so all the other girls were like "WTF?! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US?! I LOOK LIKE A FREAKING MESS!" Which was hilarious. And while they were fussing over that, I was chanting "I'm not going to show my teeth in this one. No matter what, I'm not going to show my teeth." I'm pleased to say that I did, indeed, not have to smile with my mouth open.

In Maths, we had a "test", which was actually five easy, two-minute-max problems on Pythagoras' Theorem. She gave us twenty entire minutes, and Pythagoras' Theorem is so damn easy, I finished it in ten. The other ten minutes were the most boring, stretched out ten minutes of my life. When walking out of Maths block, I tripped as I walked through the door and hurt my ankle. Boohoo.

In Science, we were talking about the menstrual cycle and fertility treatment, which was actually kind of fun because the girl I sit next to is pretty funny. There was this one part where we, working with the person next to us, had to draw a picture of the process of IVF (In vicro(glass) fertility ... test tube babies). Only, the person drawing it had to have their backs to the board, and was completely clueless as to what we had to draw, and the other person had to describe it, but couldn't tell their partner if they were doing it wrong. I was drawing. It was hilarious.

In RS, we had a cover teacher, who is really nice, and we were talking about how Martin Luther King ended suffering, and what he went through to succeed. That was dull. And then in Drama, we're creating a documentary-like performance about homelessness, and I'm in a group with Deckel, Ellie, James, and Jake. This group is great, except for Jake. I can't work with him, AT ALL. We used to sit together in Maths, and it got so bad that the teacher moved me next to Kelly because Jake wasn't letting me work. He kept stealing my things, poking me, closing the textbook and not giving it to me, hiding my Maths books. Being a general pain in the backside. So, we got hardly any work done because of him, and I just KNOW my score is going to be low when we perform next week because HE affects how I work. I'm going to speak with my Drama teacher next lesson, or maybe I'll go and see him at some point this week, and ask him not to put Jake and I in a group together again because he affects my work and I don't think it's fair.

I'm going to go to a meeting at Wednesday lunchtime about the DofE, because it's a great opportunity. I'll probably blog about the meeting, and whether or not I'm going to go ahead and do it.

In other, so much more exciting, news, I created a second Tumblr yesterday, called EffYeahDevinLytle, because Devin is so amazing deserves more love. I made it YESTERDAY. One of my followers told Devin about it, and she's following me. Devin. Lytle. Is. Following. Me. On. Tumblr. I fangirled for an hour straight.

Squee, much? I think so.

 Also, less exciting but still amazing, I've been watching Ouran High School Host Club, an anime about a girl who gets mistaken for a boy and is forced into joining the Ouran High School Host Club, continuing to pose as a boy as the members of the Host Club slowly become a second family. It's really amazing, and I'm really enjoying it. I watched it on the recommendation/bothering/harrassing of a girl in my year, who I used to be really good friends with, and wouldn't leave me alone until I watched it. And my friends online were, of course, fully supportive of this (I'm looking at you, Allie and Rhaps). But, yeah, anyway. Excellent series. I only have a few more episodes left until I've watched them all ^.^

Now, I'm tired, my ankles are starting to hurt (and if that turns into what it was like last time they both started hurting at the same time, then I'm in for a hell load of pain), and I just want to snuggle up and watch Ouran High School Host Club for the rest of the night. So, see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment