Thursday 2 September 2010

Eye Diary

For the next thirty days, I have to write a diary. An eye diary, specifically. Yes. An eye diary. Well, that's what I'm calling it. No one knows this, but I actually have a diary. A proper one. I haven't written in it about two years. It's light pink, with two sleeping labrador puppies on it. It's pretty cute. Okay, I just looked in it. The last time I wrote in it was December 09. But I haven't taken it seriously since I was about nine. The last time I wrote in it, it was notes for a new story I never got round to writing. And even when I took it seriously, I was hopeless with it. I'd think "I'm going to write in my diary when I get home", but I'd forget, and it'd sit in my drawer for a couple of weeks without me thinking about it.

Which is why I'm going to hopeless with this eye diary. I should probably explain what my eye diary is.

I went to the opticians today and I told him how things were starting to get slightly blurry even with my glasses on, but the blurriness is only periodically. And so, over the next month, he wants to me record the time and date every time my vision blurs, and include what I was doing/how I was feeling. I've already written in it.

September 2nd. 16:50.
Reading online.
And I actually need to write in it now because the screen is starting to blur. Grr.

Okay, written in it. "Typing. Kinda tired." was my doing/feeling description. Heh. So, I reckon I'm going to last a couple of days and then completely forget about it, because I have the memory of a seventy-year-old. However, if I remember by the 6th, I'll take the diary (a plain, black notebook we got from a Pound shop in my town XD) to school with me, and hopefully, having it with me will help me remember. And if I get into the habit, I might continue to record it. The optician said I only had to do it for a month, but I think it'd be easier to spot a pattern if I record throughout the six months between now and my next appointment.

Or I could do it for a month, stop, and do it again in February (appointment is in March), to get a more up-to-date record of how mucked up my eyesight is.

In other news, I got this awesome t-shirt, I've started reading Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher (it's amazing), this competition I'm holding with a friend (Amy) on HPFC has ended and I'm going through the process of judging all the entries, I'm participating in my Dribble Drabble challenge for the second time, I'm ten books away from completing my 2010 Book Count challenge, and I'm going back to school on Monday. I'll post a back to school blog on Sunday, and my holiday blog is still in the works XD

No comments:

Post a Comment