Friday 25 March 2011

Seeing Double and Drawing Closer

On Tumblr, it's become a sort of craze to make photomanipulations of the characters from Glee to make it seem as though they have twins. I jumped on the bandwagon a few days ago. It's really fun and a welcome distraction from everything that's going on, and I've made nine so far. They're not completely terrible. Four of them have been posted on Tumblr, along with little drabbles, but Tumblr is currently messing up and I only made the other five recently so I haven't had the chance to upload them. I thought I could post them here; I'm going to post one manip a day, along with the accompanying drabble, and it'd be awesome if you could give your feedback.

In other news, I'm ridiculously close to my 100th post (this is my 97th!) and I want to do something special when I reach that milestone. I was thinking that maybe you could send in questions (about my blog, my life, my fandoms, my writing, my graphics) for me to answer, and I'd put them all into one post. I'd probably end up asking people on other sites (tumblr, deviantART, etc.) as well, since I'm pretty sure Megha's the only one of my followers who still reads this blog. Hey, it's worth a shot, though, right? If you have any better suggestions on what I could do for my 100th post, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Another thing I've been thinking about lately is what I use this blog for. This blog is still primarily somewhat of a journal, a place where I write about my thoughts and my theories while keeping you updated on my life at the same time. However, would you mind if I posted more creative things more often? Drabbles, snippets of longer pieces of writing, icons, banners (both old and new). I've shared my writing on here a few times before, and same goes with the banners, but this blog was never really meant for that. However, I think it'd be nice if I could share those things with you more often.

I was also thinking, maybe, of recommending songs and videos that I really like and/or touch me somehow. Lately, I've found a lot of songs that I've really fallen in love with and while my normal outlet for things like that would be tumblr, tumblr almost always already knows about these songs. On tumblr, posts get lost behind posts, and within minutes, my tiny recommendation will mean nothing. This site works differently, however, and my recommendations won't get buried so quickly. I think it would be really nice. Let me know if you'd be into that kind of thing. It's just an idea at this point, I still may not go through with it, but I'd like to.

Let's kick it off with a song to end the post, shall we? I want to show you Glee's cover of Lady Antebellum's Need You Now, sung by Lea Michele and Mark Salling.

 Another shot of whiskey
Can't stop looking at the door
Wishing you'd come sweeping in
The way you did before
And I wonder if I ever cross your mind
For me, it happens all the time

I've had it on repeat for the majority of the day and I think it's a really wonderful song. When I first heard it, I admit, I didn't think much of it. I didn't dislike it necessarily but it didn't do anything for me. I wasn't in love with it. I can't remember when, but I got it stuck in my head a while ago. When you get songs stuck in your head, it usually ends up frustrating you, right? In this case, it's made me fall head over heels. I haven't been able to stop listening to it. Lea and Mark's voices fit together so beautifully and I really hope we get more duets from them in future episodes of Glee.

2 comments:

  1. This seems like a great idea! It'll encourage you to blog more, and more readers.

    (I'm going to write a bit about your blog on my blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little something I did for you... Reply on my blog :) Check it out here:

    http://enadream.blogspot.com/2011/03/another-blog-you-must-check-out.html

    ReplyDelete