Sunday 4 July 2010

Adrenalin Junkies

I'm going to squeeze everything I've been putting off into one blog post to make it so much easier for myself.

Pink was unbelievably amazing. That woman is so fearless, so crazy, but so utterly incredible. She fell out of a box in the sky, really fast, after the supports acts had finished. She threw herself around the stage. She crowd-surfed in a giant hamster ball. She went up really high in two rings, throwing herself around the stage and over the fans, spinning and twisting. She did all this without missing a note once. And if you don't think I'm being legit, look it up - I'm sure there'll be pictures and videos somewhere on the net, despite the tickets saying "no cameras/recording equipment". It was at Alton Towers, if you want to search specifically. There were loads of gay and lesbian couples there, too, which I thought was really cute (Pink is a GAY PEOPLE ARE AWESOME type). There was this really gay, really camp, really drunk guy standing near us throughout the concert, and oh my god, he was absolutely hilarious. I love that guy. He was jumping around, screaming at the top of his lungs, dancing sexily with the girls he was with, talking to people around him - he was such a character. Entertainment for the night: double check.

The only downside was that we were sat in the car park for four hours waiting to get out. In that time, we moved about two metres in a couple of seconds, and stayed put for the rest. Why? Well, in Alton Towers resort, they have lettered car parks, and we were in 'J'. They were letting us out in alphabetical order, and apparently, it took four hours to clear A to I out. Honestly, it was ridiculous, but amusing at the same time. The cars were honking, people in the hotel were shouting out the windows (telling them to shut up), which made the cars honk more. We ended up getting home at 4am, so I had the day off school.

On Friday, I went to my Uncle's house for dinner with my mum and grandparents. My aunt and my mum were drinking together, so naturally, when we said we were going to leave, my aunt talked my mum and I into staying (happens every time they drink together). So my grandparents left, and we stayed, talking and watching movies and stuff. My baby cousin, Matthew, was round their next-door neighbour's house and ended up going to bed two later than he was supposed to because he didn't want to come back. I drunk home-made Smirnoff Ice which is delicious, and before you ask, no I didn't drink enough to get drunk. It had a little splash of vodka in, and then LOADS of lemonade. It's practically harmless XD

We went to bed at 1am, and woke up to Matthew screaming and crying at  6:30. I dread having children now, because I need my sleep. Heh. Anyway, after a few hours, we got a taxi back to my town, by which time it was 9:30. I planned to meet Jess at 10, so I didn't even have time to change out of the clothes I wore and slept it. I grabbed some money and a cardigan, brushed my hair and teeth, and then had to leave.

I bought a rubber duck rubber (a rubber/eraser, in the shape of a rubber duck!), and a pair of earphones with rubber ducks on the ears, but one earpiece doesn't work. Jess and I ended up meeting with Mitch, Deckel and Aaron because they were at the city, too, and we spent ages trying to find this park place. Mitch and I became "adrenalin junkies" (Jess's words, not mine) by running all the way around a busy roundabout, looking at the signs so we knew which way to go. Then we went back to the others, and I had to hold Jess's hand as we crossed roads and stuff. We hung around under a bridge for a while (which was so infinitely cool), before making our way to the park place. When we got there, I realised there was a much easier way there that could have taken us ten minutes. Lovely.

Basically, the place we were going is just this massive (and I mean massive) grassy area with a gigantic hill. There was a festival thing there, which we illegally walked through to get to the hill (sshh), and then we spent the next few hours just sitting around on the top of the hill, where it was so much cooler, mixing our drinks together, laughing, kicking a ball around, and stuff. I spent most of the time wearing Deckel's shirt as a jacket and sitting between Mitch's legs, leaning against him (he's seriously comfy, don't look at me like that). Aaron left early because he didn't feel well. While the guys were getting drinks, there was a guy biking around the hill quite a bit, and I asked him how old he was. Eleven! I swear, he looked thirteen. Jess thought he was fit, and secretly, I had to admit he wasn't too bad-looking.

We had to move down the bottom after a while, though, because Jess noticed cops walking around (and if you were on the hill, it was considered "concert area". I kicked the ball around with Mitch and Deckel halfheartedly, before we all went round Mitch's house. While walking there, we walked over this grate thing, which I was stepping on really carefully. To scare me, Deckel thought it would be funny to push me. My foot fell into the grate, and ever since, my ankle has been so damn painful. Screw you, Deckel, SCREW YOU. On the bright side, I managed to use my injury as an excuse for him to allow me to wear his shirt for the rest of the day. I have this obsession with wearing guy's clothes, especially if they're not mine XD

  Mitch has the cheekiest, most adorable, most annoying eight-year-old girl ever for a little sister. You have to walk through her room to get to his room, and his door isn't ... a door. It's kind of really thin pieces of wood that fold together when the door closes. She heard Mitch and I talking, poked her head through his door as she said "Ooooh, you've got a girlfriend here!". Great first impression.

Jess and I were late home, blah blah blah, but it was a great day.

I'm probably going to add a list of links, on the side of the blog, to my accounts in different places, because I feel like it. It'll take some time getting them altogether, though.

Keep blogging!

Listening to: I Write Sins Not Tragedies by Panic! At The Disco
Book Count: 35

No comments:

Post a Comment