Friday 23 July 2010

A Very Potter Musical

Today, I discovered AVPM. I've heard of it before (lots), and I've seen a couple of scenes, but I never really put much though to it. However, as it's frequently being mentioned on AverageWizard, I decided to watch it. I understood nearly ever single joke, including "What the HELL is a Hufflepuff?" and "Only Harry likes that Hogshit.", and when Draco and Ron started singing about Hermione, I was like, "This is Granger Danger!" despite having never listened to it before in my life. Conclusion: I spend too much time on AverageWizard. Haha.

My only regret is that I didn't watch it sooner. And on Sunday, I'm going to watch AVPS (A Very Potter Sequel), which only just came out.

I really enjoyed it. Despite not being a fan of parodies and comedies of films and stuff, I really did find this hilarious. I loved the stupid characterisations, and it's so pathetically ridiculous, but that makes it so much more awesome. I love the way they wrap the entire series up into one plot line, changing things and making them funnier.

Draco, oh Draco. I would go gay for the girl who plays him. Lauren. She's just so damn amazing. Every time she threw herself across that stage, I automatically cracked up. At first, I was really iffy about a girl playing one of my favourite male characters, but she's earned my love.

Voldemort was freaking adorable. I couldn't bite back the giggles when he and Bellatrix were in the Minstry, and he wanted to "try something new" in their sex life. I laughed so hard. And then Bella's little temper tantrum. But when he was with Quirrel, jeez, I couldn't decide whether I wanted to laugh or cry. They're so adorable together.

The actors and actresses are awesome for not laughing at all, and staying in character, especially with the audience giggling all the way through it. And yet at the same time, I loved how they made it obvious that it was a production by saying "I was just hanging backstage with Hagrid" and "Come downstage, Hermione."

I loved it so much that I downloaded the soundtrack and I now have the songs on my phone (and I'm listening to them right this second). On the first day of school, I'm going to blast Get Back To Hogwarts at some point in the morning. Why?

I'm sick of summer and this waiting around
Man, it's September so I'm skipping this town
Hey it's no mystery
There's nothing here for me now
I gotta get back to Hogwarts!
I gotta get back to schooool!
I gotta get myself to Hogwarts
Where everyone thinks I'm cooooooooool.
Back to witches and wizards and magical beasts
To goblins and ghosts and to magical feasts
It's all that I love and it's all that I need
At Hogwarts
I think I'm going back.

Yeah. That's why ^.^

In other news, I'm meeting one of my old friends whom I haven't seen nor spoken to in two years, so that's exciting! 

Here's the first part of AVPM:


And the rest of it can be found here.

1 comment: