Tuesday 20 July 2010

I'M FREAKING GOING TO HOGWARTS!

And no, I am not joking. I am seriously, honestly, truly going to Hogwarts. And Merlin, I'm so psyched about it.

No, I'm not going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. There's no way on Earth I'd be able to afford that. And no, I'm not going to Kings Cross (well, we might have to in order to get there - I know we're taking the train). I'm going to Alnwick.

You may or may not be confused right now. I don't blame you.

Alnwick is a small town near Scotland, home to Alnwick castle. That castle, that glorious castle, is known by many who do not know that they know of it. You see it often enough if you're anything like me, in pictures and on screen.

Yes. Alnwick is the castle they used for the exterior design of Hogwarts! They digitally added bigger towers, sure, but still, it's HOGWARTS, and I'm going there! Dreams do come true.


I'm going from the sixth to the tenth of August, which is in seventeen days, and I'm staying, like, REALLY close to the castle. We're probably going to spend most of our time there, and Mum will literally have to drag me out of that place at the end of the day. Heh.

And considering this is my first holiday in, like, three years, I'm even MORE excited to be getting away from this place for a few days XD

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Oh, and also, I'm going to try and sweet talk my mum into letting me go to John Green's evening gathering thing on the 14th (the freaking Sons of Admirals are going to be there, too!) in London. I can only hope she'll let me.

And yes, I did just post this to brag. Squeee ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment