Sunday 2 January 2011

In Response to Megha's Comment

Megha wrote a comment on my last post that I wish to reply to. However, blogger doesn't allow me to reply to comments, so I have to do it like this.
Wow, Steph! You've had a really... busy year! I can't believe you've been able to go through it with all the ups and downs in your life (such as the constant headaches).
I've been ill an awful lot this year, but it's the same as it always has been. Getting diseases and illnesses constantly is something you get used to when you've had a weak immune system your entire life. It's the same with my sleeping problems -- a lot of people don't understand how I can find it so easy to stay up late, but when you've rarely been able to sleep before midnight for three years, you get used to it.

The way I see it, you just have to deal with illnesses and problems and stress; suck it up and keep going. If you let the bad times in your life control you, you won't ever have a chance to properly live. So while I was dealing with all the crap last year threw my way, I tried not to let it affect what I was doing. There were a few times, like with the headache that lasted three weeks, when it did interrupt my life, but sometimes, it's inevitable.

Long story short, I've learnt to put up with the low times in my life.
Do you keep a diary or something? Cos' most people wouldn't remember so much. 
Well, I have this blog, which is kind of like a diary, but I didn't really look back on here to see much. While my memory is generally pretty terrible, I can remember a lot of events and such that happened in my life. When I spoke about Tumblr, I admit, I actually went through my Tumblr archives to find my first post and find out when I joined. The rest of it, however, was written from memory.

So have I, you know. It's been a different year from the others, sorta... relaxing. It's like a message to beware, as it might be the end of Fun (although that's unlikely - probably my imagination running loose again) this year.
I'm glad you enjoyed your year!  Mine has been pretty stressful, especially since September. The schoolwork and homework has really been stressing out, and I've been struggling to handle it all. But, like I said, problems aside, it's been a good year.

Have you made any resolutions? 
I'm not really one for resolutions, I'm afraid. So, no, I haven't.

1 comment:

  1. Well. That was unexpected. Thanks for replying, though.

    Hmmm... about the thing about this blog being like a diary; it should be Steph Blogs Too Less, actually. I really wish you blogged more! But then, I can catch up with you on KWC :D .

    ReplyDelete