Sunday 30 May 2010

Bieber Is My Best Friend.

... or so she thinks.

So Jess and I met up at 10:10am in the rain, caught the bus, and all that crap. Last week, I saw a hoodie in Pulp that I really wanted ("I ♥ Nerds"), so I looked at the pricetag this time (because I couldn't find it last time) ... it was £40, which was all that I had with me, and I had to get other things. We went into Little Waterstones (there's two in the city; a small one, and a larger one) to find Paper Towns by John Green, which I saw last time, but I couldn't find it. We went to Shakeaway, which is awesome, and After Eight milkshakes are delicious. I love them! So, anyway, we wandered around a bit, browsed shops, bought food. I ran into my aunt-by-marriage with her mum, and then my friend's dad/brother, and then my aunt, uncle and cousin who are staying for the weekend*.

At around one in the afternoon, we sat down to rest our feet, and so I could swap my shoes and wear the ones I had bought earlier (which are similar to these). I had connected my phone to Twitter earlier that day, knowing I'd be away from the computer for over twenty-four hours, and that it takes me forever to catch up on Twitter when I'm away for that long. Anyway, my phone vibrated for what felt like the thousandth time, so I got it out my pocket, and Jess says "Who is it this time?"

I read the tweet, and replied, "Justin."

"Bieber?"

"Yeah. He says he's got a new video out on Monday. I think it's for Somebody to Love, 'cos he was saying that he was filming for it a little while ago." A few minutes later, it went off again. Another tweet from Bieber. "Oh. Justin says it's not for Somebody to Love. He asked if we want a hint."

It was then that I noticed the girl sitting round the corner from us. She was looking at my phone longingly. It took me a while to figure it out, but I had to laugh when I did. She thought I was talking directly to Justin, like I knew him personally and he was a friend. I never mentioned Twitter, or anything that would give away that "we" meant his followers, and not Jess and I.

But still. That was fun.

And then we spent well over an hour in the large Waterstones, waiting for a window seat to be cleared in the upstairs Costa there. It was insanely busy for a long time, most of which we spent in this more cut-off section of the shop, with lots of Teaching Resources, Self-Help, and Reference books. It was in the Creative Writing section of the References section that I stumbled on The Writer's Block. The Writer's Block is this cube(literally)-shaped book, in which there are 786 ideas to help get rid of writer's block. The gist of it is that you open it to a random page, and you have to write about whatever it says, or do whatever it tells you to do. I just opened it at a random page, and it says "Describe your most intimate experience with Mother Nature."

"Spark Word: Tattoo." (that means write something inspired by that word)

"Write about your worst habit."

It's a wonderful, genius idea for a book. And it was the only one there, as well, so I snatched it just in time. I also bought the Little Oxford Dictionary of Quotations, because I love quotes, and these are fantastic.

And then, when we did finally manage to get a window table, it was so busy on the other side of the window that it was disorientating to watch. A woman came and asked if she could move one of the tables over (there were two pushed together), and she only moved it a few inches. When Jess and I made to leave, I had to squeeze between the tables. I knocked half of her tea into the saucer thing. Cringe. I apologised, and pegged it. To make matters worse, Jess won't let it drop.

Later on, we went into the smaller Waterstones again. And guess what I found. Yep, Paper Towns. It sat there, clear as day, laughing at me because I could no longer afford it. Argh DX .... And there's this anime/manga stall in the city, too, and it sells a bunch of merch. I'd only paid a little bit of attention to it before because there's Death Note stuff there, and I know Allie likes Death Note. But walking past it today, I saw VAMPIRE KNIGHT MERCH! I couldn't believe it. I blew my money on other stuff, without realising there was Vampire Knight stuff on sale. So I'm going next weekend, after Race For Life (which I'm doing with Jess and her aunt, taking Jess's mum's place because she has a bad ankle and can't do it... even though we're only walking), to get Paper Towns and the Vampire Knight stuff.

Although, since it IS half-term, I might be able to sweet-talk my mum into going with me earlier. Or I can arrange to go with Jess, again. Yeah... we could do that. But if it's with my mum, I can just bat my eyelashes and ask her to buy me stuff that I can no longer afford xD

*And I got kicked into the spare room so they had room to sleep. Hmph. They leave tomorrow, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment