Sunday 23 May 2010

Just A Little Update

...because my past couple of blogs have been way to angsty, pour-my-heart-out kind of blogs, and I decided that maybe, just maybe, you want to hear what's going on in my life, not what I'm thinking. It'll probably turn out that you honestly don't care what's going on, but hey, it's worth a shot.

Yesterday, at 10am, I met up with Jess and we went up the city centre, where I discovered the beauty that is Shakeaways, bought three new books, and watched people from an upstairs window for over an hour. Shakeaway is a milkshake shop, but it lets you have any kind milkshake. For example, Jess and I had malteser milkshakes with extra maltesers on the top. Basically, they blend the food with the milk, and if you ask for the extra toppings, they just throw them in after blending. And they're really nice. As for books, I bought 'New Moan' (hilarious Twilight parody), 'Thirteen Reasons Why' (which Jess has taken home to read), and 'Size Matters Not' (Warwick Davis's autobiography). They were so worth the money, and the time. We literally spent over an hour in Waterstones just looking at books. And then we went back later and sat in the café above Waterstones, where we each had just one drink (me: Oasis/her: Coke), and we spent well over an hour just sitting by the window, watching the world go by, laughing at the ridiculous clothes, gushing over the awesome hair, and scrunching our noses at the girls with barely-visible shorts on. T'was fun.

We came back for 6pm, had dinner at my house, and then arranged for Jess to stay the night. We talked a lot with the rest of my family, which is a regular for me, but Jess said was nice because she never got to have conversations like that with the rest of her family. And then we fell asleep watching Labyrinth*. We woke up at 7-ish when my nan came down (we slept in the living room), and then read from around 8:30am to 1:00pm ... ish. I read two books in that time - Vampire Knight Vol. 3 and New Moan. I love it when it's just Jess and I, because we'll happily spend a day together without wanting to play silly games like 21 Dares, and we'll spend hours in the bookshops or reading, whereas not a single one of my other offline friends would do that.

But, anyway... after Jess left, I had to do homework. Which was not fun. But now I'm here, writing this blog, when I do actually have other homework to be getting on with.

I do have something else I want to discuss with you, but it's more on the OnlineFriends vs. OfflineFriends subject, and I want to spare you the angst. I'll blog again in a couple of days, if I remember. I'm not making any promises.

The To-Do List hasn't changed, except I'm not bothering to catch up on Neighbours, so I don't see the point in putting it in this blog. When it changes, I'll include it. 'Kay? Good. Bye.

Keep blogging!

*I swear, when having sleepovers, we always fall asleep before the end of the movie.

1 comment:

  1. Haha!
    Sleepovers shouldn't tecnically be called 'sleep'overs. They should be called 'stay-up-all-night-and-eat-sweets'overs. xD

    ReplyDelete