Monday 3 May 2010

Connected

I stayed round my best friend(Jess)'s house Saturday night (with our friends, Kelly and Lottie, and Jess's cousin Ellie), and again on Sunday night, just Jess and myself. I haven't touched a computer since 11am on Saturday; that's saying something. Haha. So, anyway, Saturday evening, we had a party because it was Jess's birthday on the 27th and her brother's birthday on the 30th. It wasn't wild, but it was fun.

It started out as just Kelly, Jess and I, and we spent the first few hours on the trampoline and snacking on bits from the food table, but then Ellie showed up, soon followed by Lottie. Ellie is officially the coolest eight year old ever; she's into my kind of music, and she's insanely mature for her age. She's great! While the other girls tried to get alcohol from Jess's mum, her and I sat in the study, watching the TV, singing our hearts out to Kerrang! and Scuzz, laughing at the ridiculous screamo videos and tutting at the amount of topless women they show in the music videos on Channel AKA at night. The lot of us also played Singstar for a bit, on which it was Kelly+Lottie vs. Ellie+Steph+Jess. That was so fun.

But, anyway, when we settled down in the lounge to "go to bed", we watched Lee Evans, which got so boring after a while (he's just not very funny, and the retarded act is overused). In the morning, Ellie left, then the rest of us went to the HAGS park. It's called HAGS, because all the stuff has HAGS indented into it ... on purpose. It's like, it was made by "HAGS". But it was really cold, so then Lottie left, and Kelly went to the club that her dad works at to watch football, while Jess and I went to my house. Then we had dinner at Jess's, Kelly left, and I stayed the night. We watched the past two Doctor Who's, along with Britain's Got Talent and The Whole 19 Yards. We fell asleep watching Avatar.

And now we're back to the present. I came home a few hours after waking up, came on here, caught up as best as I could, and now I'm writing this blog. I mentioned BGT up there, didn't I? There was a reason for that ... Connected have won my heart. I love them to pieces.



They are so adorable. I love Harry the most - the one in the middle. And Matt (the blond one next to him) makes my heart melt when he cries at the end. I love them. If they don't get into the semi-finals at least, I'm going to be so disappointed. Yes, I love Tobias Mead, Chloe Hickingbottom, Keiran Gaffney and Olivia Archbold*, but Connected just melted me. They gave me goosebumps.

Now, onto Doctor Who. WARNING: DOCTOR WHO SEASON FIVE SPOILERS!

So, sadly, I had the ending of Flesh and Stone ruined for me because I read some TV magazine at Jess's house, but it still took me by surprise. A couple of times, I thought, "They're going to kiss now, right?" and they didn't. I expected it to be a slow, awkward kiss ... instead, Amy just went, well, crazy and came onto him. I found it pretty hilarious, actually, how Amy's so calm while the Doctor's so flustered. It's usually the other way around. I like this.

I liked the angels, too. Blink is the only episode to date that really frightened me, and also one of my favourites. And, I won't deny it, I was really iffy about the return of the angels ... not because I don't like them - hell, I love them - but because they're so amazing, I was scared they'd be ruined (like the Daleks). But it worked, and I'm glad it did, because the angels are amazing. I love Amy in this one, too; although I love how Amy is so bold, smart and independent - unlike the other companions - I loved seeing the weaker side of her, where she's defenceless and vulnerable. Karen Gillan is such an amazing actress; she can do anything!

Although, you know how Amy can't have her eyes open for more than a second without dying? When she opened her eyes to look at the light when they're in the oxygen factory, she has them open for fourteen seconds straight. She should have died thirteen seconds before she closed her eyes, but she didn't.

Now, I'm going to go watch Flesh and Stone again to get some photostills - a few very specific ones - to turn into icons AND a background. Yes, that's right. When I was watching it, I saw this one scene and I had to bite back my squeal, because it would make such an amazing background. I've never made backgrounds before.

Wish me luck, and keep blogging!

*Oh, and Tina and Chandi.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you: Karen Gillan is an awesome actress! And she's so different (better!) than the other companions :D
    You can't watch the video :O...but yes, Connected are awesome as well (even though I only saw the final of BGT)...
    -Lizzie, aka loupylou.powell

    ReplyDelete