Thursday 10 June 2010

Kristina Horner

If you don't know who Kristina Horner is, she's a vlogger/singer/songwriter/writer/Potternerd, and she's one of my idols. She's part of ALL CAPS, along with Luke Conard, and she's part of a Wrock band - the Parselmouths - with her friend Eia. She's an amazing person, and I honestly do look up to her.

I was listening to Delete You by ALL CAPS, and I noticed that she sung part of Happy - a song Luke wrote last year after a painful break-up, that made it onto their latest album, Bmin/E. Naturally, I tweeted about it.


I didn't think anything of it. I always tweet about ALL CAPS and my little discoveries, like just a few hours before I tweeted about how the last four tags in the Can't video on Youtube are "SWORD FIGHTS PWN NOOBS".

So then I signed off, went to bed, yadayada. In the morning, I checked my Twitter as usual. I wasn't feeling too great because I had a dream that reminded me of an old friend whom I haven't spoken to in almost a year, and the second top TT on Twitter was #OurFriendshipEndedWhen (which is still trending second now), which only made me feel worse. And the computer was slow, so I was feeling annoyed at that. And then I saw it, as I was scrolling through all the tweets I'd missed while sleeping. An @reply.


Not only did I mentally fangirl-squeal from excitement (my grandparents were in the room; they think I'm weird enough as it is, so I bit it back), but I felt super proud of myself for noticing something that not many people have/no one has noticed, and that no one has pointed out before. But still... she replied to me! She is, for all extents and purposes, a celebrity in my eyes. A YouTube star, most definitely. But she's such an inspiration, so determined, funny, and genuine. I was super excited that she'd replied to me.

I've been dying for the past eleven hours, because I've had no one to tell. My only Nerdfighter friend who likes/has listened to ALL CAPS is Jess, and she's ill, so I couldn't even squeal about it to her. Even online, I'm not friends with Nerdfighters*. I've met people online who DFTBA, but we've never talked much, and we're not friends. And so I decided to squeal about it to you, lovely readers. I've been whinging so much lately, I decided to show you that I'm not just some depressed emo who cries herself to sleep every night.

So, that's exciting. For me. You probably don't care. Oh, and I'm getting a Netbook on Sundayyyyyyyyyy. So that's exciting, too. For me. You probably don't care. But I don't care that you don't care. I'm telling you anyway. So ha.

Kristina's Twitter
Kristina's YouTube
Kristina's Blog
Kristina's DeviantART
Kristina's Dailybooth
Luke's Twitter
Luke's YouTube
Luke's Dailybooth
ALLCAPS's Twitter
ALLCAPS's YouTube
ALLCAPS's site

I strongly suggest you check out that last link, if none other, and listen to their music. You can listen to both albums, Songs in the Key of Email and Bmin/E, for free on there, so really, I do suggest checking that out. Now I've officially link-spammed you, I'm gonna go. Keep blogging!

*EDIT: Ellen's a Nerdfighter, but I don't know if she likes ALL CAPS. Ellen, if you're reading this, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment