Friday 18 June 2010

Shush Girl, Shut Yo' Lips.

Note to self: Never ever ever put off a blog post because you're too tired. The pile of things to say just builds up and up and up, until it's ridiculous. Don't put off Dailybooth, either, because you're meant to post a picture a day. Not every four days, with pictures from three days ago that you were too damn lazy to upload. Understand? Good.

Since there are quite a few things I want to cover, I'm gonna use numbers.

1. I went on a Science trip on Wednesday, to Bradwell Abbey, for Chemistry at Work. It was exclusive to Science Set One, and there were only a dozen places or so, so we had to leave some of our friends behind at school. It was pretty good - some parts were boring, other parts were really interesting, and it was better than spending a day at school doing Science with The Viper* and Athletics in PE. We learned about several different things, experienced various explosions including a giant fireball that nearly hit my friends and I**, we found out how fingerprints/DNA tests work, and I held a piece of Mars in my hand. We watched eagerly and squeamishly as someone cut another staff member's arm open using only dyed bread dough and fake blood (click here to see picture). We screamed at loud explosions, and laughed over how one room smelled like dentists when we entered, and burnt crumpets when we left.

There were a few other schools there, too, and one of them made me squeal like the silly fangirl I am. They have four Houses, and each House has a different colour (their ties are striped that colour, and their school badge is in that colour) - Red, green, yellow and blue. I strongly believe they were Hogwarts students, pretending to be Muggles to mingle in with the Muggle world.

2. Yesterday, I went to the dentist. Now, before I start my story, I'm going to say straight out that I hate the dentist. My teeth are honestly more mucked up than anyone's I've ever met; even one of the many dentists I've seen said that some of my teeth are at angles he's never seen (and he's worked for years). I've been dragged all around the country to various dentists for various check-ups and examinations. I can't get braces until all of my stubborn baby teeth have fallen out. And then they lost my paperwork. All of it. So now we have to start from scratch. Idiots.

So, anyway, I went to dentist yesterday, and the lady - Anna - poked around in my mouth, as they do. I have a baby tooth that's extremely loose. and my adult tooth has grown beneath it, flattened by the baby tooth. The gum has gotten inside the baby tooth, making it impossible to pull out. Despite my protests, Anna said she could pull that out there and then by hand, and my mum urged her to do it. She put numbing cream on my gum, and then tugged at my tooth after a few minutes. It hurt like hell. Every part of my mouth was numb except for my gum, my tooth didn't come out, and I was in severe pain for at least an hour afterwards. I wouldn't open my mouth after that. I even cried, that's how bad it was.

"How long will the numbing cream last?" I asked after she'd finished examining my mum (we made a group appointment), and we were about to leave.

"Only an hour or so, darling," Anna replied. It lasted around three to four hours. Hmph.

3. On Tuesday (I know, jumping back in time), I hurt my thumb in Tech. We were doing woodwork, sawing to be exact, and we had to hold the block of wood against this thing to keep it straight while sawing. I pulled a muscle from that, somehow. It hurt on Tuesday, then I didn't really feel much on Wednesday, but since then, it's been killing me. I keep moving my thumb in ways it doesn't like, and the amount of times I've shouted "Ouch!" (more in surprise at the pain rather than the pain itself) in class over the past couple of days is ridiculous. It huuuurts.

4. I got super worried today. My phone is my baby*** - it's lasted two and a half years, and it only messed up once (within the first year of it's life, it was my fault, and it was easily fixed) since I got it. Today, a friend from school was trying to Bluetooth a song to me, and it wouldn't work. Bare in mind, this was in the middle of class, so we were being careful not to get caught. I gave her my phone so I could concentrate on the work while she messed around with Bluetooth and whatnot. When I got my phone back, it kept freezing and not working and stuff. I freaked out. I had pictures and songs on there that I haven't saved to my laptop! I didn't want them to disappear!

After spending the entire day sulking over "my poor baby's death", doing whatever I could think of to save it, I only realised what the problem could be once I'd gotten home. My phone has a very small memory, and I finally realised that the memory must have been getting full. So I deleted pictures I didn't want/need any more, songs I always skip over or grew bored of. And now it works! Yay me.

5. Next weekend is going to be a very stressful, sleep-deprived, time. On Thursday, I'm doing local fieldwork for Geography Shine Day at school. On Friday, I'm going to France for the other Shine Day. It's over five hours drive there, and another five+ hours back. The coach leaves at 5.45am. We get back at around 8pm. Saturday will be my "homework and nap frequently day", and then I'll sleep through most of Sunday, but I'm going to P!nk concert in the afternoon. It's an Alton Towers, which is two and a half hours drive from where I live, and another two and a half hours drive back. Lots of travelling, lots of screaming, lots of firsts. Friday will be my first time abroad, and Pink will be my first concert.

Now, in a previous blog, I said that I was disappointed because I wasn't going to France. As you can guess, things have changed. My friend, Kelly, couldn't go even though she was one of the people who got in, and so the teachers allowed me to take her place at last minute. So I'm in. I'm going to France! Expect a blog about that next Saturday, if I can find the energy. If not, you'll get one some time later that week.

6. "Shush girl, shut yo' lips. Do the hellerkeller and talk with yo' hips." I've had that line playing round and round in my head all day today, and it's driving me nuts. 3OH!3, I don't even like you - take your own advice and SHUT YO' LIPS!

I know there was more I wanted to cover, but I've gone blank. I've got a Dailybooth account now, so go check that out, yeah? And sign up, if you want. It's awesome (:

Keep blogging!


 *If you've been with me from earlier this year, you may recognise the use of the term The Viper. If not, allow me to explain. Mr V. Piper is one of my Science teachers - he teaches us every Wednesday. He's stressy, with unexpected mood swings. One minute, he could be smiling at a joke (a rarity, true, but it happens), the next he'll be screaming his head off because someone isn't doing what he wants (happens way too often). And he smells so bad, that whenever he's near me, I'm literally retching. I have to hold my breath. I HATE him. And, since his first name begins with V, I call him Mr Viper, which I then changed to The Viper.

**We had common sense and moved back, though.

***I'm not one of those people who lives off of their phones. I'm not texting 24/7, I don't blow stupid amounts of credit (my mum said she'd top it up every two months, but I've never needed it topping up within that time) in short spaces of time, and I don't waste lessons checking Twitter updates on my Internet (although, when my phone is connected to Twitter, I do pull my phone out in lessons so the updates don't clog up my inbox xD). My phone doesn't have Internet connection, unlimited free texts/minutes, touchscreen, or any of the "up to date" things. It's a Nokia XpressMusic. It's an MP4, a camera, and a phone all in one. That's all I need it for, and I don't use it an awful lot. But I love it to pieces, and in the two and a half years I've owned it, I've not once wanted a new one. It honestly is my baby.

1 comment: