Monday 28 June 2010

Top Five

I'm tired, I'm lazy, but I want to blog about France before all the clear memories fade. However, I can't be bothered to give a detailed blog on France, so I'm going to bullet point the Top Five best things about France, and the Top Five worst things about France. Yes, it was an amazing experience; I'm just too exhausted to tell you all about it. I'll picture-spam you later, because I don't have enough time now.

Top Five Best Things
- The journey went a lot quicker than I expected it to, and the train was awesome.

- I sat in 3B on the coach, while a boy called Maxim sat in 4C. So he was diagonally behind me, making it easy for us to talk to each other. I heard him sing the line, "Wake up in the morning," and instinctively, I sing, "Feeling like Winehouse," expecting him to say "P Diddy" but not caring. But no. He said Winehouse, too. We looked at each other, grinned, and carried on singing. Grab my breezer, I'm out the door, I'm gonna be really loud. By this point, Jess heard us, and she joined in, too. I don't care who I piss off, yeah, I'm a real big sinner. Sometimes I eat my dessert before my dinner. We sung all the way to the end, I said "I love Midnight Beast!" and after one more grin, conversation/singing ended. TMB FTW!*

- Sam and I spent the journey from the train to St. Omer (the village we went to), trying to get pictures of the speed signs. You may think "What the hell?!" at this, but they measure in kmph, while we measure in mph. So instead of saying "60" on the signs, it was saying "110". We found this hilarious - imagine a speed limit of 110mph! Ha! ... Yeah, it was funnier at the time. We didn't manage to get a picture though.

- The church we went to and walked around and stuff was completely gorgeous.

- A woman insulted Abby in French, and we have no idea what she said. I only knew it was insult from her tone of voice. Excellence!

Top Five Worst Things

- Deckel couldn't come! He didn't have his NHIC, so he wouldn't have been able to get on the coach. Awhhh.

- The croissants taste better in the school canteen than they do in France. That makes no sense.

- Abby was there. Enough said.

- Rosie, Caitlin, and Hiral made us miss the train back to England, so we had to sit in a hot, stuffy coach for ages, waiting for the next one. Silly girls.

- St Omer is a relatively dull place, with nothing particularly special about it except the beautiful church.

And now I have to go. Keep blogging!

*The song was Tik Tok by The Midnight Beast, a parody of Ke$ha's Tik Tok. It's a brilliant song, and if you hadn't heard it, I highly suggest you check it out.

4 comments:

  1. Hah, love that song. My teachers would freak if we started singing that. Some of my friends are going france on thursday, I'll recommend it to them. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Eternity53 I love it, too! The teacher didn't even hear us :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could go to France.
    BTW. Just checked out your Dailybooth, you're pretty pretty!

    ReplyDelete