Sunday 6 June 2010

Stereotypical Teenager Alert.

My laptop has broken again, so you probably won't be hearing much from me until I get a new one. Yes, I'm getting a new one. This is the last straw; I refuse to put up with it again. I don't want to send it in for repair; it'll just break a few months later, and cost us more money. Strategically, it'll be cheaper to buy a new laptop of better quality than to pay for my crap one to be repaired every other month.

I'm not in the brightest of moods, either. I've been feeling like crap for the past few days, tired and headache-y and just generally yuck. So that sucks. On top of that, I finally - after a week - moved back into my room. I'd been putting it off because my family left my room in a tip (thanks for that, guys), the spare room's bed is comfier, and it doesn't squeak every time I move an inch. If the room was bigger, I'd happily make that my bedroom, but it's not big enough to permanently sleep there. There's no way I'd fit my stuff in there, and I don't have that much stuff (compared to some people). So anyway, I'd been putting that off, but I finally decided to do that today for lack of anything better to do.

It was honestly like sorting out three rooms. I had shift all my stuff out of the spare room, swap round the bed covers and pillows (For some reason, I don't sleep well on pillows that other people have slept on), move one of the quilts back into the spare room (a double bed quilt, no less) that one of them had used to sleep on to make it comfier, arrange everything back to how it should be because they'd moved all my books around and stuff, and generally tidy up. They'd left beakers of water on my desk, dirty towels on the hooks on my door, empty crisp packets here and there. If I'd left that mess at their house, they'd be phoning up and complaining. And they call themselves clean freaks.

So, the "three bedroom" stages are: moving everything in and out of the spare room; cleaning my bedroom; unpacking everything in my bedroom. The heat and "crap feeling" didn't help. And I couldn't even relax on my bed, because it's too uncomfortable, so I was laying on the floor, listening to my music, when my mum comes in. She wanted me to sort out my underwear drawer. Naturally, as I lay exhausted and sweaty, I complained. So she decided to do it for me to shut me up. She threw out all my old socks, put in my new ones, and I didn't pay much attention to her muttering so I didn't know what she was doing. Now, this might sound silly, but my underwear drawer is kept tidy. The knickers go in one place of the drawer, my bras another, and my socks another. So I when I reached in blindly after my shower, it's needless to say that I was confused when I pulled out a pair of bed socks instead of knickers. So then, still in my towel, I had to rearrange my underwear drawer to how it should be, so I don't end up putting bras on my feet in the morning or whatever.

I'm sorry for coming across as the spoiled kid who never has to do anything around the house and complains at the thought of having to raise a finger, because that's not who I am. True, I don't do much around the house, but with three more able adults, most of the responsibility gets thrown onto them. But I clear the draining board every morning, I make cups of tea/coffee, I stay out of the way as much as possible ... I even cook dinner on occasion (chicken risotto; it's the only "meal" I can cook). But I don't clean my room unless we have family round because my mum couldn't care less, or make my bed, or make sure all my clean clothes are put in the wardrobe/drawers and all my dirty clothes get put in the washing basket. I don't find space for new books in my bookcase, I let them pile up on my desk. I don't make sure all my school books go on my desk (though I try) after school every day, some of them get scattered around my room. I don't always do my homework on time, and I do leave it until the last minute*, but that's just me being a stereotypical teenager.

And, being a teenager, I complain. Of course I'm going to complain. My back aches, I don't feel well, I'm being forced to move out of the comfier bed because I can't continue sleeping there, and I have to clean up other people's mess in my own room - of course I'm going to complain.

And the fact that my laptop has broken, so I can't do half the stuff or spend half the time I usually spend online, just makes me grumpier. I can't go on KWC, because the family computer doesn't like Zetaboards. I can't spend long on FF.net, because it makes the family computer slower. I can't write on the computer, or edit stories on my USB, because a) my family don't know I write fanfiction and b) the family computer uses MS Word, while all my documents are saved to OpenOffice. I can't make banners/icons/etc., because the family computer doesn't have any editing programs on it, and I don't want them asking questions if I did download one. I've been scribbling away in my notebook throughout most of today, along with reading, but I'm restricted as to what I write on paper. I don't want to write slash or romance on paper, because my mum will wonder why the hell her thirteen year old daughter is writing about that kind of thing if she finds it, and I'm super paranoid about that kind of thing. And I can't even post what I write on FF.net unless I get some time home alone, because my family will see the notebook - naturally - and put their noses in it.

So I'm  laptop-less, I'm Zetaboards-less, I'm moody, I'm stressed, and I'm not looking forward to school tomorrow after a week of half-term break. ALSO, I missed Doctor Who on Saturday, and finding a decent time for me to watch it online is going to be really hard because three of us use this computer, and will want to use it while I'm trying to catch up (Although, I could always pop round Jess's and watch it on her Sky+).

On the bright side, though (and the optimistic quarter of me says there's always a bright side), I'm reading Harry Potter again, I have Vampire Knight merch, I'm going to get a debit card within the next couple of days so I'll have more freedom with money (even though I'll hardly ever use it; I still have birthday money left, and it's been five months since my birthday), I can fit into my new "super skinny"** jeans, and I'll get to see all my friends tomorrow.

Now, my grandparents are pressuring me off of the computer because it's 10pm. Sigh. This'll sound really selfish, but I hate sharing a computer. I don't even get a chance to proofread this, so it'll probably be full of typos. Rooaarr. Night everyone.

Keep blogging!

*As it stands, I have homework due for tomorrow that I haven't done yet.
**And super stretchy, mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment