Friday 22 April 2011

Not-So-Good Friday

Yesterday, I went out with Owen and got Deathly Hallows Part 1 on DVD, so after a couple of hours of wandering round the city centre, we went back to my house and watched it. Then he hung around until 6:30PM and ate dinner with me and my family before his mum picked him up. Jess was meant to come with us, too, but she bailed on us at the last minute. Once Owen had left, I didn't blog because I went to bed pretty quickly. My ankles really hurt (stupid weak joints) and I just wanted to forget about them ... so I went to bed.

Today, I went to a local lake with my mum, her best friend, and her best friend's daughter. It was boring, and the sun made my head a thousand times worse than it already was. We were there for over four hours and I hated every second of it. It was torture. And now my head is murdering me so I just want to get into bed and sleep it off. I feel terrible ... all because my mother forced me into going out today in this "beautiful" weather. I hate the sun. I really do.

We had a "picnic" (I use the term loosely) and sat beside the water, where noisy children and their parents decided it was a good idea to throw entire loaves of bread to the ducks. How those ducks aren't the size of barrels by now is beyond me. How my head didn't explode from the pain caused by laughing, screaming, shouting infants is also a mystery to me. I spent a lot of the time reading There's No Place Like Here by Cecelia Ahern and eating mints, and when my mum we should call a taxi and go home, the relief I felt is unexplainable. I think it's safe to say I will never let my mum take me outside in summer weather ever again.

This is why I prefer winter (although I'm not fond of it) -- no one judges or complains about you when you refuse to go outside. It's considered sane to want to stay out of the cold. Why is it such an absurd thing for someone to want to avoid the heat of the sun? Why don't people consider "the sun makes my head hurt" or "I burn easily" proper, reasonable reasons to stay inside on a hot day? It doesn't make any sense. It's not fair.

On another note, it's Good Friday, and when we got home, Mum gave me my Easter present -- a Galaxy egg with three large Galaxy chocolate bars (normal, cookie crumble, and caramel). It made me slightly less angrier than her. I have a slight addiction to Galaxy chocolate.

Um, yeah, so looking at the computer screen kind of really hurts so I'm just going to ... stop it here. See you guys tomorrow, I guess.

Drabbles IOU: 8

1 comment:

  1. Ah, God, I hate the heat and human beings. They disturb me when I want to do something THAT I WANT TO DO.

    My mum is also telling me to 'go outside, enjoy the sunshine, blah blah blah' and I really don't want to. She doesn't understand that I'm going super-fast and STILL my homework is not getting finished. And she's telling me to go outside in this freaking hot stupid weather. I get tans really easily and I HATE tans. My skin is nice the way it is! Even if I go out for a minute without sunscreen, I get a tan that makes me look horrible. I despise it!

    Like you, I don't understand why people think it's insane to want to stay inside in this horrible weather. I wish I lived in, like, Antarctica or something.

    And since we both live in Britain, we can understand.

    (Sorry for the rant.)

    ReplyDelete