Tuesday 12 April 2011

Wales: Day Two



I really should start blogging earlier in the day. I'm a procrastinator, leaving things until the last minute (or in this case, thirty-three minutes) is what I do.

Today has been a pretty fun day. We woke up and had breakfast (in which I was quite content eating a bowl of cereal but Mum made me eat a slice of toast, too) before setting out. We went to the beach, which was literally a  two/three minute walk from the guest house (we're across the street from it, but we have to walk down the street a little way and along a little side-street thing to actually access it) and empty except for one other family. It's pretty rocky but we walked along it for a while and I got some gorgeous pictures of the ocean. We found a little stream-like thing further back on the beach, by the back wall, and it was really cute but it got my mum's feet soaked. I slipped on one of the rocks and grazed my hand, but it's alright now.

So we went to a cute little café* just off the beach and sat down outside with tea (for me) and coffee (for mum). It was really nice and peaceful. Once we finished our drinks, we began walking up one street to get to the town's castle ruins, and it's a very steep street. This is probably TMI, but I'm on my period right now, and when I'm on period, I get a lot of discomfort in my lower stomach. That discomfort turns into pain if I push myself too much, and then my joints start getting weak and I start feeling faint. I got pain on the coach yesterday from sitting in the wrong position for too long. The discomfort started as I climbed up this street. You can probably tell where this is going.

We got the mini-gift shop/reception desk and we paid our entry fee to the castle. We then had to walk up a MASSIVE hill with steep steps to get to the castle ruins, and while it was extremely gorgeous, it took ten minutes to get up there and only five to look around. In which time, my stomach got worse. When we'd gone round the entire ruins, my joints were feeling weak and my stomach was killing me. So I very carefully but very desperately made my way down and my knee gave out twice along the way. We went into the gift shop and I desperately bounced back and forth to distract myself from the pain while Mum oohed and aahed over things. We ended up getting an adorable little lamb teddy, some slate coasters for my grandparents, and a couple of postcards.

We then began making our way back to the guest house and, even though it only took a few minutes, I felt like I was dying. My knees kept giving way and at one point, I had to sit down before I crumpled in a weak mess on the ground. We got there in the end, and crap I just noticed I only have five minutes until the end of the day quick Steph type faster, and then had to climb the TWO flights of stairs to get to our room.

I curled up in bed and dozed for an hour, then Mum woke me up as it came closer to one and I was feeling kind of better so we went out for lunch. We went to a cute little* ice cream shop that we'd passed on the way to castle, and had cheese and ham toasties. I had two vanilla milkshakes (because I finished the first one before we got our toasties) and my stomach still kind of ached so I didn't finish my toastie. We'll probably end up going back there and getting ice-cream at some point during the week.

We then got some bits and bobs (three minutes left!) from the pharmacy and a load of junk food from a nearby supermarket-type thing. We also went to a crystal shop, which I want to go into detail about but we only have two minutes left so I'll blog about that later and just say that I bought seven crystals.

We spent the rest of the day indoors, relaxing and eating junk food for dinner. It's now nearing midnight, my mum has been in bed for nearly three hours, and I should probably think about going soon. One minute! Crap, I'd better post this. See you tomorrow!



*Just about everything in this town is cute and little. I love it here.

1 comment: