Friday 15 April 2011

Wales: Day Three/Four/Five

So I may or may not have completely forgotten about blogging. On Wednesday, I got into bed and remembered about blogging just as I was about to fall asleep. I remembered it in the morning, and promised myself I'd blog yesterday, but I had to leave the guest house quickly and I forgot about it afterwards. But here I am, on Friday, back at home, blogging.

Wednesday was a pretty dull day and can be summed up in one paragraph. The weather was miserable so we stayed inside the entire day, doing crosswords and reading and drinking tea and watching TV. You would have thought I'd have squeezed blogging in there, too, right? Alas, I'm an idiot, and I forgot. So ... that was how I spent Wednesday.

On Thursday, we went to a small town about twenty minutes away by bus, and we shopped. It was pretty fun, actually. We got gifts for most of our immediate/close family and friends, Mum got some clothes, I got a purple hoodie. We had lunch in an ADORABLE little coffee shop called Perky. It had forty-seven (yes, forty-seven, I counted) milkshake flavours, which is nothing compared to what you can get here in a little milkshake shop called Shakeaway, but for a normal cafe, it's pretty impressive. I had a ham, cheese and tomato panini, which was absolutely delicious. My pineapple milkshake was pretty damn tasty, too.

Once we finished shopping, we headed back to Criccieth ... and, hey, I'm not there any more, so I don't mind telling you which town I was staying in. We went to the pub for dinner, and it kind of sucked, but the onion rings were scrummy. Then we went back to the room and started packing, I drunk at least four cans of Diet Coke, and my mum had vodka. There was an honesty bar downstairs so we just kept going to get more all night.

Today, we had breakfast, finished packing, and then headed to the train station, which was just down the road from where we were staying. Hopped on the train, spent four hours staring out the window, writing stories in my head, reading, and solving Sudokus. We then got off the train at Birmingham, got a drink and wasted an hour, before heading to our next train. We sat on it for ten minutes without it moving, and then the train was cancelled because the train manager hadn't shown up. So we had to rush from Platform 4 to Platform 2 (which involves going up one set of stairs and down another ... with a heavy suitcase in my hand) to catch a train that was declassified and adjusted to suit the passengers of the original train.

Mum and I ended up standing between two carriages amongst six other people because there weren't any spare seats, and when people started getting off the train, we didn't dare move in case someone got to the spare seats before us and we would have just had to move back to where we were before. At one point, however, about thirty people left (through the door we were next to) so we managed to snag a seat for the rest of the ride.

Then, after an hour on that train, we finally got where we wanted to be, so we left and waited for my grandad to pick us up. We came home, had pizza for dinner, watched Neighbours, and I've done nothing but hang out on the internet since.

Half an hour until the end of the day, so I'd better post this. Pictures will come later, when I can find the lead that connects the laptop to the camera. Please dear god, don't say I've left it in Wales.

Drabbles IOU: 5

1 comment:

  1. Haha. You can buy another lead thingy from the camera company.

    My friend Isabel was in a similar situation. She went to Washington D. C. and on coming back, she couldn't find her camera. But she found it.

    ANYWAY. It doesn't sound that bad. I love days when I get to sit in and relax like the Wednesday you had!

    ReplyDelete