Friday 23 April 2010

Awful TV Shows

Throughout school, I had plenty of ideas buzzing around my head for a blog, but now that I've come to write it, I completely forgot all of those ideas. I remember there was something to do with books, characters, TV shows, aaaand n00bs. But I've forgotten exactly what I was going to say about them. My memory sucks. So, I'll just be writing whatever ideas I can remember.

Something I feel I must share with you is my disappointment of Tracy Beaker Returns. Now, like nearly every English girl, I used to love Tracy Beaker when I was younger. TB is a CBBC show about a girl, Tracy, who lives in a foster home with a bunch of other children, and she's a troublemaker. It was pretty good. The writing was hilarious, the acting was great, and the energy and spirit within all of the characters - kids and adults alike - was fantastic. Today, I watched Tracy Beaker Returns, a show on CBBC about Tracy coming back to work at the foster home. It sucked. The writing was dull and unrealistic, the new kids can't act to save their lives, and all the characters were so lifeless. The most exciting thing that happened in the episode was Tracy smashing a bowl onto the floor while telling Mike loudly, "I quit!" She wasn't even shouting, which is a Tracy Beaker tradition. Even when one of the girls ended her friendship with another girl, it was for a pathetic reason and she didn't even look angry. It was just a "You know what? I don't want to be friends with you any more." in a monotone voice, before leaving the room. That is not Tracy Beaker! Tracy Beaker is meant to be full of screams, moody teenagers and overexcited kids, with lots of things breaking and argues going on all over the place. It was too calm! I hated it. If you've watched it, what did you think of it?

And, while on the topic of bad TV shows, what the HELL is up with In the Midnight Garden? It's a CBeebies show, and my nan refuses to put it on when my baby cousin is round because it's so crap. I hate it when they make shows with "bleeblobmeerudfvndiuhndfjni" instead of actual words. You either make the characters speak proper English (unless it's a foreign show, but you wouldn't find those on CBeebies xD), or they don't speak at all. Making them speak in gibberish* will not help the kids' talking abilities. So ... yeah. Idiots.

So, what shows have you watched that are absolutely awful? What was the writing like? And the acting? Why didn't you enjoy it? Did the idea just not interest you, or was it the quality of the show that made you dislike it? Answer in the comments! Or as a blog. I'm not fussed ^.^

Keep blogging!

P.S. I can't believe there's only one week of BEDA left!

*Or SimSpeak, as I like to call it, as the characters in the Sims games don't speak properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment