Sunday 4 April 2010

I can't resist a challenge, okay?!

I'm going to try and do it. The BEDA thing. It won't be easy, I know that much, but I can try, right? And I know I'm late... so it's BAEDA - Blog Almost Every Day in April. If I manage to blog every day from now up to the end of April, I will consider BAEDA achieved (:

So, first episode of Doctor Who was on last night. It was absolutely fantastic; really enjoyable, really amusing, really interesting. Matt Smith and Karen Gillan are amazing - and that's saying something, because I haven't properly liked a sidekick since Rose (Martha was too "meh", and Catherine Tate (Donna) can't act to save her life). AND Matt Smith had big shoes to fill, because David Tennant was THE Doctor. Everyone loved him. Although I don't think Matt Smith will be better than David Tennant, I do think he will be close. Yes, yes I do have a high opinion of Mr. Matt Smith.

In honour of the new series, I rewatched the first episode on BBC iPlayer and I managed to get plenty of stills. And, alas, a series of icons were born! It's pretty basic stuff, but I kind of like them :3


They didn't take me very long, I'll admit. Just very basic stuff. But they're the best icons I've ever made, so I'm not complaining! Haha. Karen Gillan's eyes are really amazing. If you get the chance, watch 'The Eleventh Hour' on BBC iPlayer and pause it when she widens her eyes. They're fantastic!



I think that's all I've got to say today. Hm... Yeah, I think that's it.

Keep blogging, peoples.
Over and out.
Steph (:

2 comments:

  1. AHHHH! I'm soo jealous of you! I have been waiting since before easter to see the new Doctor Who but becase i'm in the stinking USA i can see it till April 17th! which is in only a week but still..... meh!! you saw it and i'm glad you enjoyed it cuz i heard it was "lush" as described by alex day on one of his newest vids. I agree with you that DAVID TENNANT WAS THE BEST DOCTOR!! i culdnt piture him not being one but i guess he had to go....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome edit thingummies! Now I know where you got your fanfiction.net profile pic - I always wondered :)
    My favourite edits? The 'Bow Ties are cool' one, and 'you might want to delete your internet history'.
    You know, when Matt Smith made his debut at the end of David Tennant's last episode, I HATED him. I did not like him ONE LITTLE BIT. Admittedly, that may have something do with the fact David Tennant was leaving (because he is just awesome), but I just thought he was...awful. But now I am pleased to revise my opinion. I am a fully converted Matt Smith fan :D
    -Lizzie, aka loupylou.powell
    PS: How do you follow someone/get updates when they make a new post?

    ReplyDelete