Monday 5 April 2010

Sherlock Holmes: Film Review

Today, I watched Sherlock Holmes, the Guy Richie film starring Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law and Rachel McAdams. All of whom, I feel, are amazing actors in their own ways. I really enjoyed the movie; it was funny and suspenseful, and kept me asking questions. Sherlock's crazy ideas matched with Watson's witty remarks, I couldn't help but laugh at them. However, like every movie, there were flaws. My first issue, which isn't too big, was that the fighting seemed too organised. I know, I know, it HAS to be organised because it's acting. But a good movie (take The Bourne Identity and X-Men for example) can make the fighting look unprepared, unrehearsed and adrenalin-controlled. Although the fighting did keep my attention, the actors seemed almost bored of it, like they'd done it a thousand times and they'd much rather be snogging their character's respective love interests. Also, it might just be me, but I found it hard to grasp the plot at first. It seemed really scattered, and Sherlock was talking too low and fast for me to actually take in a word that he said. This is probably just me... but it felt horrible feeling so lost.

Irene Adler (Rachel McAdams) is one of the most amazing villans of all time. I'm serious. She had the attitude and false innocence that male villans just cannot have, and being able to outwit Sherlock makes her extremely intelligent and witty. I love her character. Another character I love is Watson. He's such a witty, sharp-tongued character with quick-fire comebacks. You can always count on him to cheer up a serious scene with a witty comment. He's great.

Overall, I give the movie a thumbs up. T'was thoroughly enjoyed!

In other news, we had most of my family round today (aunt and her husband, aunt and uncle, baby cousin, grandparents, mum and me) and we had a Chinese takeaway. Which was yummy. And my baby cousin is staying round tonight because his parents are working really early tomorrow and they don't want to bother us so early, so they're leaving him here overnight to make things easier. I have a few blog ideas in mind for the next few days; you can all have a good chuckle while I make a fool out of myself.

(:

No comments:

Post a Comment