Sunday 18 April 2010

Tardis bang bang, Daleks BOOM!

 As if the title didn't give it away, this blog is going to be about Doctor Who. It contains spoilers for Victory of the Daleks, the third episode of the fifth season, so if you didn't watch it yesterday, haven't caught up on it, or live outside of the UK and it hasn't aired yet, you might want to go read something else. Or, you can just skip the Doctor Who part. I'll let you know when it's over by changing the writing.

[Note = the stuff about Doctor Who was written hours ago, at 2-something in the afternoon. I saved it as a draft because my internet was playing up, and I didn't go back to it until now].
So, yes, I just finished catching up on Doctor Who, because I was a bad DW fan and missed it. It wasn't as great as the first two, but it didn't let me down. This season is really changing everything up, eh? New Tardis, new Doctor, new companion, new sonic screwdriver ... and now new Daleks, too. I liked how scruffy, beat up and dull in colour the Daleks were. Now they're squeaky clean, with bright different colours ... I don't dislike them, but I definitely prefer the old Daleks. And, speaking of Daleks, we all love them but they're getting kind of old now. I understand that they're really important and they're the Doctor's biggest and oldest enemy, but they can only bring the Daleks back so many times before the fans just groan and say, "Them again. Ugh." rather than, "OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!! THE DALEKS ARE BACK!!!" Some fans are already complaining, I've noticed. The Doctor can only defeat them so many times.

I love how the Doctor's plans don't always work, and Amy manages to work things out. With the other companions, they were pretty much tag-alongs to keep the Doctor company. But Amy has a brain, and she uses it! Ellie commented my last blog, saying that we "got a confession from Amy". So, naturally, I was waiting for Amy to spill the beans about the wedding. But she didn't. I can only assume Ellie meant the "Have you ever fancied someone you shouldn't?" was the confession. I don't know. Ellie, if you're reading this (which you should be, since you're following my blog xD), was that the confession you were on about? Or did BBC iPlayer cut part of the episode out? Heh.

So, anyway, another amazing episode. Can't wait for Doctor Who NEXT Saturday. Favourite quotes from the episode? "Don't mess with me, sweetheart." ~ "Alright, it's a jammy dodger, but I was promised tea!"

DOCTOR WHO TALK OVER!!

In other news, I really don't want to go back to school tomorrow. I have to wake up early, which is not a good thing, and I have to leave the house for the first time in two weeks. I can't be bothered! I just want to stay at home and continue neglecting the outside world. Besides, with school starting up again, my hours are going to be seriously cut down. I get fifteen/twenty minutes before I leave for school at 8:15am, and then I don't get home until 3:10pm usually, because it takes five minutes to bustle through the crowds of kids, say goodbye to my friends, and take the two-minute walk to my house. Then I'll lose another hour when I go downstairs to watch Neighbours, and eat my dinner. And then I sign off the computer at 9:30pm. Now, in that time, I have to catch up on all the billions of site I'm on (KW, KWC, Twitter, DeviantART, Blogger, YouTube, etc.), post a blog (until the end of BEDA, at least), write my dribble drabble (which I usually leave until late, anyway), read, AND do my homework. Last time I was at school, I wasn't on DeviantART, I didn't blog as often, and I wasn't doing dribble drabble. And I generally neglected my books, which I'm determined not to do again. AND I want to finish my Sudoku book by the end of the school year (July) - I generally do one or two Sudokus every morning, and one or two Sudokus every night, before I go to sleep and after I wake up. I'll probably be too tired/busy/short on time to do that.  AND, I still have to keep up with my writing, or my readers on Fanfiction.net will get angry. As it is, I haven't updated for three days, when I usually update daily. And I'm going to try to teach myself German, using my mum's old German dictionary, and talking to a German friend (BONNIE!) online when I get confused. Gah!

Yeah, I know, listen to me. "I expect too much of myself. My life is so hhaaarrrd because I only get a few hours to do the things I love." Cry me a river and drown in it, much?

Other news ... other news ... other news. Ooh, I know! I got this really sweet message from a girl on FF.net, and it's so lovely. It warmed my insides, and I'm going to share it with you. I'm leaving it as it is; not even fixing the grammatical/spelling errors. Because it's lovely, even with those errors.

So, I think I may be in love with you. (A nice, stalkerish note to start this message off with)

I first stumbled upon your page through 'once upon a quote' and fell in love with the imagination, the use of charecters and the quotes used. I looked on your page and saw you loved all the same books and tv programes as me, and to top it off you are a youtube lover too! alex day, ALL CAPS, tom felton! :D

I really love your fanfictions. Please keep tem going, I will eagerally await updates. Sorry about the stalkery/pervy email - I wish I could write as well as you and you could read some of mine, but alas I have as much writing prowness as...someone who can't write well (I think I just [proved my point).

So anyway, well done! :D Anita x
 
Thank you, Anita. On a very 5AG note, my day is awesome because of this message. She's so sweet. <3
 
Now, I have an essay to type up, and forty minutes to type it up in. Thankfully, I already have the rough version in my English book. But, seriously Miss. English Teacher, no one cares about the relationship between Frankenstein and his monster/creation in the crappy Philip Pullman playscript adaption of Frankenstein. Yaaawwwwnn.
 
So, yes, I'll leave you now. Keep blogging!

P.S. After the stressful hour I just had with Carissa, the admin of KWC, I can safely say that every time I hear the words "crash", "test" or "dummy", I am going to be reminded of the anti-climatic end to our stress, and probably laugh. Because, honestly, after so much hassle, the solution was surprisingly simple. And I love the fact that only Carissa will understand what the hell I'm talking about.

P.S.S. I now only have half an hour to type up that essay. Damn. Focus, Steph, focus! Did I mention that it has to be in tomorrow? Yeaahhhh. *headdesk*

No comments:

Post a Comment