Wednesday 7 April 2010

My Childhood; Part One.

A blog or two ago, I mentioned that I'm going to make a fool of myself. Well, the time is upon us. When cleaning out my room on Saturday, I found a notebook that I've had for as long as I can remember. I'm going to share with you, bit by bit, it's contents ... because embarrassing myself is so much easier than thinking of blog ideas. Looking through the book, I realised I wrote a hell of a lot as a little kid - none of the stories actually got finished, though, I noticed. I'm going to type it up exactly as it's written so you can see all my grammar mistakes and laugh at my past self. Have fun.

The first few pages consist mainly of handwriting and spelling practises, because I was a little nerd. This is the first creative writing piece, and it's so embarrassing xD I must have been four or five. You'll recognise some of it; it's a nursery rhyme, but I just extended it xD

Pussy cat, pussy cat where have you been?
"I've been to London to visite the qeen."
Pussy cat, pussy cat what did you there?
"I frightend a little mouse under her chair."
Chorus.
pussy cat, pussy cat don't do that.
pussy cat, pussy cat never do that again.
No no no.

Pussy cat, pussy cat what would you do?
"I'd meow to her and bow to her too."

Sadly (and thankfully xD), it ends there. I never got round to fixing it. Like I said, I haven't corrected a single thing ... hence the spelling mistakes in the first stanza. I was such a sad child, wasn't I? xD Over the next few pages, there's just more spelling practises, until we come to this: EDWARD IS a bRAT!, written in green crayon, taking up the entire page, and then crossed through with blue, orange and green crayon. You know the Union Jack? It's got the same style, with the one vertical line, one horizontal and two diagonal. For the record, Edward is my cousin. On the next two pages, in grey crayon, I've written ME AND Sophie Are a Team. Sophie is another cousin; Edward's half-sister. Capitalization really wasn't my strong point, I've noticed.

On the page after that...

Sophie gave
Sophie gave Me a picture.
Edward is was singing Scooby Doo. 
I Was Writing in this book.
Sophie gave Edward a Picture.
Edward ga makes a cup of Tea.
I Watched the really boring Tweenies.

It seems to be a record of about an hour or so one day, and I have no idea why it suddenly switched to present tense on the penultimate line. I was only young, okay? xD

I think I'll leave it at that today; I plan to carry this out for a few days. I think we skip to when I was seven next... 2004, it says. So yes, I would have been seven. Heh. Reading through the next page, I'm going to have to cut some of it out... it has my old address there xD

Before I go, I want to share with you this crappy little icon I made for AmazingPhil. It's really bad; nothing like I had in mind. But it's better than nothing, right? It was inspired a question asked in this video and the still is from a point in the video, too. I'll probably upload it to my twitter later and @mention Phil so he sees it xD
← That's it. Danger!

Now I've officially linkspammed you, I'll leave you for today. Keep blogging, people :3

2 comments:

  1. I love AmazingPhil as well!! OMG! i really liked that video by the way... yeah danger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, your notebook sounds very amusing :L
    -Lizzie, aka loupylou.powell

    ReplyDelete