Thursday 8 April 2010

Dribble Drabble

Taking a break from my childhood thing to advertise. Mwaha. Please note that I haven't been asked to do this; I'm doing it of my own free will to support a friend and boost the community of a forum I moderate.

If you're an aspiring kid/teen writer, check out KWC, a forum dedicated to helping kids and teens improve their writing. Participate in seasonly challenges, post your writing, guide other writer's through writers block and have fun! Talk about your favourite books and authors, learn different writing techniques, and watch your writing improve rapidly. KWC is a place for everyone; we'll welcome you with open arms.

Now that THAT's out of the way, I'm going to move on to another KWC-related thing. Today, I had a brilliant idea for a challenge that I will be participating in, and you can, too, if you wish! I posted the challenge on KWC, and I'm going to post it here, too, for anyone that's interested. Note that this involves creative writing; if it's not your thing, you can ignore this blog entirely.


Dribble Drabble - A Drabble a Day Keeps The Writer's Block Away.

A drabble = A short story, strictly 100 words, though most people - like myself - are lenient enough to let it be anything up to 600 words.*

The challenge is, for a month, to write a drabble a day. It can be about anything - a character from your favourite book, a character from your original work, a randomly made-up character, that poor chair in the waiting room that always gets neglected because of the broken arm. It doesn't even have to be about anything in particular. Maybe your family cat, or a person you find inspirational, an emotion. Anything and everything. It can be happy, it can be sad, it can be angsty, it can be steamy, it can be a ramble.

Literally anything.
As long as it's less than 600 words.

At the end of your month (mine will be from the 8th April until the 8th May), send me a link to your drabble (or send them to me directly). I'd love to read them :3

Think you're up for the challenge? I hope so ^.^

Have fun :3

*An example: I was always the outcast of the family, different to the rest of them. I was the youngest sister, the one with the biggest heart, the one willing to see things in a different way to them.

And so I rebelled. I married a Muggleborn, I befriended Muggles, I donated huge amounts of money to House Elves rights charities. I done everything I could to make the rest of the family mad at me, to make them disown me, to disgrace the noble name of Black.

I wanted to hurt them, to drag the family name through the mud, to make them ashamed to be related to me. Because I'm just as ruthless as the rest of them in reality, but I have a courage they lack, and a daring they never act upon.

My name is Andromeda Tonks, and I really am as Black as they paint. I'm a disgrace to the family in which I'll always belong.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, this challenge looks good :)
    Can I do it? I'll probably base it off Harry Potter, and I shall post it on fanfiction.net (which you have an account on, i think)...my penname is loupylou.powell, and I shall start it...soon. But I may have to put it on hiatus at the end of the month if I start it about now, because at the start of next month I'm going on holiday...but I would still love to do this :)
    -Lizzie, aka loupylou.powell

    ReplyDelete