Saturday 17 April 2010

Britain's Got Talent

Firstly, the review for Skeleton Key by Anthony Horowitz can be found here. I finished it last night.

Secondly, I'm a bad Doctor Who fan. I missed it! In my defense, I've been thinking it's Friday for most of the day and it feels like only a couple of days ago that I watched 'The Beast Below'. So, I'm going to watch Britain's Got Talent - and give you my opinion on most act as they're performing - and then post this blog, and then watch Doctor Who on BBC iPlayer so I can tell you what I think in tomorrow's blog.

Britain's Got Talent is a big thing for me. I love it, love it, love it. It's great! I'm not into Xfactor or any other shows of that kind, except for BGT. I guess it's kind of like TV Dramas... I hate them all except Neighbours. Well, anyway, yes ... I truly love BGT, and I didn't know it was starting again until this evening, so ... yeah. I'm a very clueless person, and I hate it. Now, I'm going to take the laptop downstairs, wait for BGT to start, and then I'll continue the blog...
*fifteen minutes later*

BGT just started. Amanda Holden's dress is really horrible, this evening ... very sparkly and sequin-y. The first act, Double Take, Kandy and Kat is about to begin. They're using "timbrol" ... they're like tambourines. Awful performance, but very funny. The Cheeky Boys are, uhm... original ... and very, very naked O_O

"What the bloody hell was that?" - Simon Cowell, about 'Pasefanie' ... I can't agree more. I don't even know what she was doing. Apparently, neither did she.

It's the break now, and none of the acts have got through yet. They've all been rubbish. See, this is why I love BGT. The bad acts are so bad or ridiculous that they're hilarious, the good acts are jaw-dropping, and there's never anything inbetween that.

Kevin Cruise is the next act. He's wearing a very bright shirt, and personally, I think he's a bit camp. He's the chief host on a cruise thing. He has quite a good singing voice and he's energetic, but he's not amazing. Quite frankly, I think he's a total joke. But he's funny. Simon's buzzed him out, but Amanda and Piers seem to be enjoying it. He got through, despite Simon's protests.

Pippa the Ripper - gothic hula hooper - absolutely amazing. She got through. Josh - eleven years old - really adorable dancer. Three yesses, he's through.
"Are you good?"
"Too good."

Ruby girls - a group of dancers. They're alright. Not bad dancers, not my kind of thing. Three yesses, they're through.

Tobias Reed - twenty-two - dancing. He's wearing a hoodie backwards, you can see the zip. Oh my god. He's absolutely amazing. Really flexible and imaginative, with really stunning moves. Like Amanda, I was blown away by that  performance. He's through. Oh, and by the way, the hoodie was supposed to be backwards, it was part of the act. His brothers don't talk to him because he dances (pathetic) - I bet they'll talk to him NOW. He's been on TV.

Break again.

Simon's off sick with the flu for the Birmingham auditions; Luis Walsh is filling in. Seventy-one year old retired teacher, Michael Lavender, is improvising unusual animals from the jungle. Hahahahahahaha. Hilarious. Didn't get through.

Pipes and Brums - bagpipes and drums. Really messed it up. Didn't get through. Haha.

David Churcher.... no talent, just reading poetry. Haha. Didn't get through.

Ten-year-old Chloe Hickinbottom - singing. She's singing some song by Vera Lynn - my nan likes Vera Lynn xD She has an absolutely stunning voice, though. A ten-year-old shouldn't have a voice like that. Haha. It's really powerful. Needless to say, she got through. Three yesses.

Break again. Simon's still ill; Luis is still filling in.

Thirty-three year old music teacher, Tina, and her dancing dog, Chandy. That is one of the most adorable things I have ever seen. Chandy is so talented; that must have taken so much training. The relationship between Tina and Chandy is really beautiful. Loved them. They got through.

Uh oh. Simon's back. Cue the Jaws music. Haha.

Forty-year old, Paul Hunn, burper. That's just disgusting. Three buzzes, and he's OUT. Burping is not a talent.

KEIRON'S BACK!!!! Aw, he was great last year! Drummer, in case you don't know. Thirteen-years-old now, and he's performing with his mum and dad. They've formed a sort of band. They've called themselves Mixed Emotions. Ugh ... his mum can't sing; she's ruined it. Keiron's the talent; his parents aren't. He should have come on by himself. Wait ... hold on ... they're giving him a second chance! On his own! Yes! Thank you, judges, he totally deserves it.

Break again.

Come on, Kieron, you can do it. *crosses fingers* Bless him - he pulls the most hilarious faces when he's drumming. He's amazing. No practise, no backing track, made up practically on the spot ... he has absolutely fantastic talent. They made a mistake not putting him through to the semi-finals last year, and he definitely deserves to get through this year. He's passed auditions, at least. Kieron FTW!

Okay, BGT's over now for another week. I don't have time to watch Doctor Who ... I'll watch it tomorrow. I know this blog is sort of running commentary, and you probably won't understand half of it, but oh well. To those of you who did watch BGT, tell me, who was your favourite act so far? Personally, my favourites were Keiron (no brainer), and Chandy the dancing dog. <3

1 comment:

  1. I personally don't watch it but I can't believe you missed Doctor Who! *sobs* WE GOT A CONFESSION FROM AMY!

    ReplyDelete