Saturday 10 April 2010

Star Whales Are Pwetty (:

So, this morning, I woke up and started writing my blog in my head, as I do. I was going to start it with "I'm really tired, grumpy and I genuinely feel like crap so forgive me if I'm not very enthusiastic today." This plan changed, however, when I went downstairs and my mum told me that - for a very late birthday present - she'd managed to get us tickets to a P!nk concert on the 29th June. Yes, it's a couple of months away, BUT I'M GOING TO SEE P!NK!!! Now, although I wouldn't consider her one of my "favourite artists", I do enjoy her music and I do think she is generally amazing. So, yes, after that, I was no longer grumpy. Although I am still tired and I do feel like crap (not in the "ill" way, in the "I dun wanna do anyf'ng todayyy I jus' wanna go back tah beeeddd*groan*" sort of way), this lightened my day a bit. Still, I didn't have enough inspiration to blog, so I decided to leave it until I was all hyped up after Doctor Who.

But before I go into that, I want to bore with why I'm so tired and feeling like crap. Last night, body and mind refused to rest. I was tired, I had finished my book, it was hot in my room (well, hotter than it usually is; I have a very cold bedroom), and I was restless. I finished reading my book at 11:35pm (see review hither), and I tried to go to sleep not long after that. After tossing and turning, and draining my water bottle*, I realised just how hot it was in my room. So at 12:50am - and don't ask me how the hell I remember the times - I climbed out of bed, crossed my room to get my blanket** and then returned to my bed. I'd like to point out that this is quite a feat, because when I'm tired, I can hardly be bothered to move into a more comfortable position, let alone get out of bed. An hour later and I was still awake, suffering from dehydration, hunger and an odd craving for custard creams (custard creams are the yummiest things ever ... and don't even have custard in, so I don't understand the name xD). I can't sleep when I'm hungry, so I went downstairs, refilled my water bottle, and helped myself to a chocolate bar (Chocolate helps me sleep). As for the custard creams ... they were the first things I ate this morning. Anyway, even after I'd gobbled and guzzled, I still couldn't sleep. I didn't want to start a new book because, not only would that mean leaving my bed for the third time, I also wanted to have the book I'd just read in the front of my mind to write the review. So I settled with doing a sudoku, which I made a dozen mistakes on due to my tiredness, and then, eventually, I managed to sleep. The last time I looked at the clock, it was 3:05am, but it took me a while to drift off after that, so I reckon it was about 3:30am-ish when I finally fell asleep. And that, readers, is the rather boring reason I'm tired and crappy-feeling (don't get enough sleep = feel like crap).

And alas, we've made a full circle. Here I am, after watching an amazing episode of Doctor Who which I won't spoil for you because the majority of the world's population live elsewhere, and won't have seen it yet (unless you're reading this a long time after I've posted, in which case, you most likely have seen it). First of all, I just want to say ... the Queen totally confused me. Until right at the end, I was completely baffled. Before she announced who she was, the way she was talking to the Doctor, I thought she was a great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-(and several more greats) granddaughter of Martha and Mickey (who, as we saw in the New Years' episode, got together). Is it weird that I find the star whale really cute? My nan thought I was weird when I said "Awww" when we finally saw it at the end. Honestly, I think it was adorable. Not to mention, after years of torture, it still stayed when Amy pressed the button that let it go free. So it has a sweet personality. And, I can't hold this back - ANGSTY DOCTOR!!! Seriously. It was like he was PMT'ing. But his stressy attitude made me laugh.

I think Amy and the Doctor are going to end up together. As in, together together. Or at least to the stage where they fancy each other and it's so obvious but they never actually say it. Then Amy won't tell him about the wedding, and then at the end of the series, she's going to break his heart by telling him, and then they'll go back in time to this inevitable "tomorrow morning" and they'll say their heartfelt goodbyes and the Doctor will think he's travelling by himself again, only to be accompanied by a new companion in the series after this... Well, that's my prediction***. Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Well, that's all I've got to say. More of that childhood crap tomorrow ;D
Baiii :3

*You might laugh at the fact I take a bottle of water to bed... if I take a glass up, I'll have a permanently wet carpet; I'm always knocking things off of my bedside table while I'm asleep. Using a bottle means I won't step on soaking wet carpet every morning when I get out of bed.
**I realise I sound like a little kid. Stop laughing.
***Even though I think Matt Smith likes boys. See here and here for why I think that (For the second one, follow Matt's line of sight. Staring at the mouth is supposedly a sign of attraction).

No comments:

Post a Comment