Sunday 25 April 2010

Goldie's Back!

I completely forgot about blogging today until a friend suggested that I wrote a 'Writing Tips' blog (something that I'm considering, actually). I honestly don't know how I could forget, since I've been doing it all month. I have the memory of a goldfish. Alas, Goldie is back.

I haven't gotten the chance to watch Doctor Who yet because I've been wrapped up with writing and homework and chatting online (doh!), so I'll have to find some time to watch it throughout the week. I am such an idiot. I still have all of last week's Neighbours to catch up on, and that'll keep building up as the days go by until I sit down, go onto YouTube and watch it. Oh, and that's another thing ... YouTube. Because I've been using Mixpod for music lately, I haven't used YouTube at all. My subscriptions box is going to be bursting at the seams, I just know it will, so I'll have to find time to watch all of the videos in my subscriptions, too.

This weekend has gone insanely fast. I spent all day yesterday out and about, from 11am (considering I got up at 10am) 'til 7:45pm. Most of that was spent travelling, so it's no surprise that Saturday feels like it went by in the blink of an eye ... but I woke up at nine-something this morning, and I've been doing nothing but sitting on the laptop. It only feels like I woke up a few hours ago, and it's 9:30pm. I woke up twelve hours ago, when it feels like two. But even though it only feels like I just woke up, I feel absolutely exhausted. There is no way in hell I'll be awake and alert enough to go to school tomorrow. Blehh.

I actually had an idea last night for today's blog. But, like I said, Goldie's back, and all I can remember was that I had an idea. Fantastic, eh? So, I'm sort of just improvising until I feel it's long enough to be "blog worthy" ... I have no idea how long that's supposed to be, though, so I'm just winging it.

I love it when people come to me for advice on writing. They're always really sweet about it, flattering me into helping them. My friend, Bonnie, sent me a comment about an hour ago. It said, and I quote (copy/pasted!):

Stephie, where do you find inspiration for your writing? I'm addicted to painting, but I want to get back into the swing of writing. You're the best writer I know. Germany is a barren place right now...so not much inspiration is available to me. Help?

(Fun fact about Bonnie: she got me into Cinema Bizarre! Yup. That's how we officially became friends xD).

Usually, I hate it when people ask me for advice, because it's usually about boys, friends, clothes, and things I generally have no experience in. "My boyfriend broke up with me for my friend! Steph, what should I do?!" I don't know! How am I meant to know? Why ask me? So on the rare occasion someone asks me for advice on things I care about and I know about, like writing or photoediting, I love it, and I love to help them (although I do get carried away and my answers are long-winded xD). And I love how they say "You're the best writer I know, so can you help me...?" While someone gushing about my strong points in writing, or my teacher saying "This is good, Steph!" are flattering, when someone says something like "You're the best writer I know", it really really flatters me. It's the small things that count, I guess, eh? ^.^

Aaand, I'm out of time. My mum wants me off the computer now. I have to go catch some winks* before school tomorrow. Keep blogging!

*Who invented that? Oh, I'm just going to catch some winks. Huh? xD

No comments:

Post a Comment