Saturday 24 April 2010

Not if you're going on a bear hunt!

I've been busy all day today, and at the moment, I'm watching BGT again. This morning, I went up the city, to get Jess's birthday present, which I actually managed to get. And, at the same time, I decided that if I didn't end up working with books, I'd work at The Entertainer. It looks like great fun! xD I also got the latest book in the Alex Rider series, and The Hunger Games, which I heard was really really good. I also got lip balm that smells/tastes like sweets (refreshers, drumsticks, raindrops, and double lollies). Whoop. Anyway, then I went to see my grandad in hospital at Oxford, which is an hour away from where I live. He can come home on Monday, which is a lot earlier than they first said.

BGT has finished now, and it was amazing. I loved The Arrangement, even though the guy can't sing. They were performing popular songs (If I Were a Boy by Beyoncé, I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas, etc.) in a classical style, and it was really effective. I also liked the Gymnastic group; they were fantastic, and literally made my jaw drop and my eyes bulge. They were doing allsorts, like one-handed handstands on each others heads, and throwing them in the air until they almost hit the ceiling, and using one of them as a skipping rope! Yes. You heard me. Part of their act was swinging one person in a circular motion, like you would with a rope, between two people, while another person was jumping over him. Skipping. With a person. It was ... wow.

Anyway... don't you just love it when people are on the same wavelength? Today, when we (me, my aunt, my mum and my nan) were in the car, my aunt and nan were talking about how the day before, my aunt almost drove over a roundabout (don't ask xD). As she went round another roundabout, my nan said "Don't drive through the roundabout!" jokingly. In response my aunt said, "I can't go through it, so I have to go round it!" Now, when I was a toddler, I used to love the book Going on a Bear Hunt. If you've read it, you'll understand what I mean when I say that I replied, "Not if you're going on a bear hunt!" and you may laugh. My mum grinned and said, "I was just thinking the same thing! Well, not exactly, but I was thinking of that book!" and my aunt said, "Yeah, as I said it, I thought of it." I love it when that happens. When someone says something, and everyone automatically thinks of something else, and they're all thinking of the same thing. I think it's great, and it's like ... it feels like the joy you get when you and a friend have an inside joke and everyone around you is confused while you laugh your heard off over it. It feels like that. I love it.

I really can't be bothered to write anything... I'm tired, I'm distracted, and I just want to go to bed. I'll try and find videos tomorrow of The Arrangement and the gymnast group so I can share it with any of you who missed it or don't live in the UK. Trust me, you need to see it.

Snoreeee. Yawn.
Keep blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment