Monday 12 April 2010

So forgive me, my darling, we all have impossible dreams.

So, I was going to do a GMH-related post today because I think it's utterly adorable, but then I got a different idea and decided to do that instead. Good thing, too, because my friend Ellen ended up doing a GMH-related blog today. Great minds think alike, eh? Haha. So, yeah, kind of glad I decided against doing that today ... although, note, I will do a GMH blog eventually. It's just too cute to pass up.

I thought I might share with you some icons I made for the second episode of Doctor Who, but that plan has changed rather suddenly. I sat down at the laptop after dinner, at 6pm, and opened up BBC iPlayer ... I only just managed to finish watching the episode fifteen minutes ago, because my laptop hates me and decided to play up, meaning I had to close it down and start it up again at least five times ... and then BBC iPlayer was running slow and the sound was ahead of the picture, which was jumping randomly instead of playing smoothly. So it took three hours just to get the twelve stills I wanted, and I only have forty minutes until I have to turn the laptop off. I haven't turned them into icons yet, needless to say. Expect them in tomorrow's blog, because I should have them done by then ... along with a couple of ones from the first episode that I got the stills for but never got round to actually making. Sigh. Stressful business, people, stressful business.

So, now, onto the part of the blog that might interest you. It's not just going to be me rambling. Today, I paid a long overdue visit to Alex Day's site*, where we can listen to his music for free (this includes Chameleon Circuit, Parrot Stories and 117% Complete). Rather shockingly, I haven't been there for a month or two, and I was suffering from Alex Day nostalgia, so I went to his site and spent a good few hours listening to all of his music. What's the point in my Alex Day story?

Well, dear readers, it was one of his songs that inspired this blog! In fact, it's the song in the title. Impossible Dreams. It's a really beautiful song. Not only did it inspire today's blog, it also inspired my dribble drabble, which I posted on KWC hours and hours ago xD

We all have impossible dreams. We do, though, don't we? Like that kid from California who thinks he'll be able to climb Mount Everest now. Anyway, I thought I'd share with you some of my dreams ... that are impossible.

-- I really want a twin. I don't want a younger brother or sister... I want a twin.
-- I want straight teeth now. I don't want to wait for my baby teeth to fall out and my adult teeth to grow, and THEN wear braces and wait forever. Grr.
-- I want to call Jack but I lost his phone number and I have no credit on my phone anyway. I miss you, Jack!
-- I want to take photography seriously, but I don't have a decent digital camera.
-- I want to vlog! Like, really badly. But I don't have a video camera ... and I want to wait until I at least have my teeth in braces before I start that xD
-- I wish I could be the person everybody thinks that I'm not, surrender to an image until personality becomes lost**
-- I wish I was more confident with my creative work, like stories and photoediting.
-- I wish I could think of more impossible dreams, because I know there's more o.0

Oh well. I can't think of any more. Ha. So, what are your impossible dreams? Tell me in the comments!

*Don't know who Alex Day is? Well, he's nerimon on YouTube, an absolutely amazing singer/songwriter, and is signed to DFTBA Records. Check him out.
** Joke! I'm listening to Alex Day now, to get in the mood, and No Sacrifice started playing. Although it IS impossible for me to surrender to an image, it's not a dream of mine. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment